The Agile Testing training class is a two-day learning experience that provides students a full immersion into Agile testing principles and practices. The course covers the role of the tester on an Agile team and the testing methods, techniques and tools that are used to successfully test and deliver a quality product in an Agile environment.
The class is presented in a highly interactive and collaborative format with elements of lecture, classroom discussion, exercises, games, simulations, and video interwoven throughout the class.
This course also allows the students to claim 14 Project Management Institute (PMI) Professional Development Units (PDUs) which can be applied to Project Management Professional (PMP) and PMI-Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP) certifications.
Who Should Attend
This course is appropriate for business analysts, testers and QA managers that want to learn about the important role they play on Agile projects. Attendees should already have a basic understanding of Scrum the Agile and Scrum in a Day course, a Certified ScrumMaster course, a Certified ProductOwner course or equivalent Agile experience.
Upon completion of this course, students will have been exposed to:
- The Role of the Agile Tester
- Principles for Agile Testers
- Agile Testing and the Agile Test Plan
- The Agile Testing Quadrants
- Testing from Day 1
- Writing Effective User Stories and Acceptance Criteria
- Clarifying User Stories using Specifications by Example
- Writing Automated Acceptance Tests
- Applying Acceptance Test Driven Development (ATDD)
- Setting up Different Test Environments
- Preparing and Automating Test Data
- Testing Techniques for the Agile Tester Toolbox
- Applying Exploratory Testing
- Creating Testing Personas
- Testing Story Maps
- Usability Testing
- Risk and Opportunity Testing
- Tracking Defects
- Testing practices throughout the Sprint cycle