A New School of Thought
Providing client value while growing the next generation of STEM innovators.
America has a shortage of workers in science, technology, engineering and math (STEM). Universities can teach concepts but not provide real-world experience. Excella’s Extension Center take STEM education one-step further.
Located at Virginia Tech in Blacksburg, our Extension Center (we call it the XC) engages high-achieving technical students to provide remote software development and support to our client delivery teams. Students are evaluated for the skills and technical aptitude needed by our clients. Our student team members work part-time under the direct supervision of our experienced developers and consultants.
The Extension Center approach allows us to assemble teams with the optimal combination of on-site and campus-based team members – often saving our clients time and money while creating real-world opportunities for students in technology fields.
Excella’s Extension Center has supported federal, commercial, and non-profit sectors including:
- Close Up
- Compressed Gas Association (CGA)
- Motley Fool Asset Management
- National Rural Electric Cooperative Association (NRECA)
- Nuclear Threat Initiative (NTI)
- Physician Insurers Association of America (PIAA)
- Ovarian Cancer National Alliance (OCNA)
- The George Washington University
- US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)
Think the XC could work for you? Drop us a line!
Want to learn more about the student experience at the XC? Check out the description on our Careers page!