Excella is a leading provider of Agile software development and data and analytics solutions to clients in the federal, commercial and non-profit sectors. We believe that great work leads to great things –- our experts measure success by the positive impact we make on our clients, community, and colleagues. We are growing fast and need passionate, innovative people who love working with technology and are ready to make an impact. Here's what you can expect from us:
- Workplace sites look different for everyone – whether it’s your home or the office, we believe in a flexible work/life balance that supports you regardless of your location. We offer a home office allowance that can be used for home office furniture/equipment, a daily pass for a coworking space, etc. Our commute reimbursement plan has you covered for whether you bike, Metro, or drive to work.
- We offer top of industry medical, dental, and vision benefits with multiple options to choose from such as an employer-contributed health savings account, infertility coverage, and orthodontia so you can select the plan that works best for you.
- Regardless of what stage of life you’re in, Excella wants to support you. We provide 8 weeks of Parental Leave, discounted pet insurance, and a Care.com membership with 3 back-up emergency child or elder care days annually – all available to you on your first day.
- Starting day one, every employee is bonus eligible and receives 15 days of paid vacation, 6 federal holidays, and 4 floating holidays.
- Diversity and inclusion matter. Excella created and continues to support employee led-affinity groups and the Inclusion Diversity Equity Ambassador (IDEA) team, a cross-functional employee-led initiative to continually foster innovation and increase inclusion within Excella.
- We have a "bring your own device" workplace and will share the cost of a new computer of your choice -- Mac or PC. It's up to you.
- We'll invest in your career by providing 3 days of paid professional development every year, including travel and registration fees to attend classes and conferences.
- We encourage mindfulness and overall well-being through employee wellness events, a HeadSpace membership, as well as access to TalkSpace and mental health coverage through our medical plans.
The AIA Practice Director role is accountable for the growth and delivery quality of Excella’s AI and Analytics offering. Responsibilities include evolving AI & Analytics services to meet future demand, support of business development and project delivery, guidance for professional development and delivery standards, progress tracking and enterprise communications for the AIA offering.
As an organizational leader, the AIA Practice Director will support and embody Excella’s values (i.e., Results, Flexibility, Initiative) and culture (i.e., exceptional careers, collaborative engagement, identification of improvement areas, constructive conflict resolution).
- Evolve Excella’s AI and Analytics position (use cases, target markets, differentiators) aligned to the organization’s vision
- Maintain the AIA offering roadmap, activity tracking board and offering metrics
- Provide education about the AIA offering to inform and equip Excellians to speak confidently about it and their role in enabling AIA delivery
- Lead the development of professional development programs to introduce delivery standards that promote quality across AIA projects through Excella’s delivery baselines program
- Work with Capability Leaders to coordinate the design and execution AIA-related skills training programs across organizational groups
- Provide advisory support and project team mentoring to AIA projects, when appropriate
- Optimize project staffing recommendations (working with Workforce Management) to support business development responses and account teams
- Enable swift identification of qualified AI business development opportunities working with Excella’s Strategic Growth Team
- Lead the development of clear, compelling and reusable content that supports business development for the AI&A offering, aligned to industry trends and the Business Development pipeline
- Work with Marketing to craft programs that promote buyer awareness of the AI&A offering within target markets
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Domain expertise (ability to solution and deliver AI and Analytics solution at scale)
- 10+ years' experience in AI&A field and management consulting, with at least 3 years of federal consulting experience
- Experience selling and delivering AI&A work with a track record of growth
- Ability to articulate AI&A market trends and the competitive landscape to technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong, dynamic oral and written communication skills and ability to build relationships with all levels of internal and external stakeholders
- Positive minded, solutions-oriented approach and outlook
- Prior leadership experience, including at least 5 years’ experience leading technical teams
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to work effectively with diverse teams
Excella is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.