Excella is a leading provider of Agile software development and data and analytics solutions to clients in the federal, commercial and non-profit sectors. We believe that great work leads to great things –- our experts measure success by the positive impact we make on our clients, community, and colleagues. We are growing fast and need passionate, innovative people who love working with technology and are ready to make an impact. Here's what you can expect from us:
- Workplace sites look different for everyone – whether it’s your home or the office, we believe in a flexible work/life balance that supports you regardless of your location. We offer a home office allowance that can be used for home office furniture/equipment, a daily pass for a coworking space, etc. Our commute reimbursement plan has you covered for whether you bike, Metro, or drive to work.
- We offer top of industry medical, dental, and vision benefits with multiple options to choose from such as an employer-contributed health savings account, infertility coverage, and orthodontia so you can select the plan that works best for you.
- Regardless of what stage of life you’re in, Excella wants to support you. We provide 8 weeks of Parental Leave, discounted pet insurance, and a Care.com membership with 3 back-up emergency child or elder care days annually – all available to you on your first day.
- Starting day one, every employee is bonus eligible and receives 15 days of paid vacation, 6 federal holidays, and 4 floating holidays.
- Doing your best work means having the best tools! Excella’s TechEleX program provides you with multiple options to suit your technology needs. Choose between a variety of Mac or PC devices, and to ensure your hardware remains current, at the end of a 3-year period Excella will replace your existing computer with a new model from the program. Plus, we’ll even give you the original device to keep for your personal use!
- Excella provides a Workplace Allowance to offset both the costs to maintain a distributed work environment and to enhance your workplace wellness. Excella will reimburse all full-time Excellians for up to $500 in expenses incurred during the calendar year.
- Diversity and inclusion matter. Excella created and continues to support employee led-affinity groups and the Inclusion Diversity Equity Ambassador (IDEA) team, a cross-functional employee-led initiative to continually foster innovation and increase inclusion within Excella.
- We'll invest in your career by providing 3 days of paid professional development every year, including travel and registration fees to attend classes and conferences.
- We encourage mindfulness and overall well-being through employee wellness events, a HeadSpace membership, as well as access to TalkSpace and mental health coverage through our medical plans.
We are looking for thought leaders in Agile Business Analysis to join our team who have a desire to deliver valuable software application solutions which meet client needs. Our business analysts are team-oriented, collaborative, and focus on delivering value in everything we do. We use agile methods to analyze, define and document business requirements for software solutions which align with organizational goals and help our clients achieve their desired outcomes.
- Support the Product Owner (if available) and team from feature conceptualization through hand-off to end users
- Apply business analysis techniques to look beyond “requirements” and determine true user need
- Assist in developing and translate the Product Vision, business goals, and user value to stakeholders and team members
- Plan and execute user research activities and apply modern techniques to craft effective user stories and support backlog prioritization
- Act as the voice of the customer to help the team and stakeholders understand product recommendations
- Collaborate with stakeholders to decompose features into user stories with detailed acceptance criteria that can be easily understood by development team members
- Build and/or support managing the Product Roadmap to serve as a visual forecast for upcoming priorities
- Create a shared understanding with stakeholders and engage team-members without excessive documentation
- Stakeholder Management: Build trust and respect, establish relationships, and develop rapport with all stakeholders
- Lead and conduct testing such as functional testing, user acceptance testing (UAT), 508 compliance testing, etc.
- Support product adoption, review and feedback gathering
- 5+ years’ experience in IT or related industry
- Ability to work independently and quickly become familiar with the customer’s business challenges, goals and technologies
- Firm grasp of Agile principles and backlog management to support frameworks like Scrum and Kanban
- Strong facilitator; you are able to identify, plan, and tailor facilitation techniques to lead effective workshops
- Able to directly support the Product Owner and provide recommendations based on knowledge of user value
- Ability to map product functionality to user value and tangible results
- Strong experience creating user stories and acceptance criteria to express requirements
- Strong interpersonal skills (verbal, written, and presentation) to engage team members, customers, and stakeholders and communicate business expectations to development team members in ways they can produce desired outcome
- Able to effectively collaborate in a cross-functional team environment, including developers, designers, agilists, and data practitioners
- Prior consulting and client management experience is a plus
- Familiarity with process modeling techniques like flowcharting, swimlane diagrams, SIPOC, decision trees to map processes
- Experience with data modeling for documenting business processes and data flows
- Ability to author functional specifications, test cases, gap analyses, risk documents
- Agile and business analysis certifications a plus (e.g. CSM, CSPO, CBAP, etc.)
- Understanding of DevOps Research and Assessment (DORA) and the capabilities within the DORA capability catalog is encouraged
Excella is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Know Your Rights
Pay Transparency Notice