Agile Engineering / Certified Scrum Developer (CSD)
The Agile Engineering Practices training is a three-day class that fulfills that technical track of the Scrum Alliance’s Certified Scrum Developer curriculum. The course covers the developer skills and disciplines needed to design and build reliable, robust, and verifiable systems. Developers will learn how to:
- Apply the 5 SOLID design principles of Object Oriented Programming
- Use test driven development to create testable, supportable, maintainable and extendable code
- Use mocking frameworks to test code in isolation
- Automate integration tests at the business, database, and web tiers
- Spot code smells and refactor code to make it both legible and extensible
- Work with Legacy code
- Setup automated builds and a continuous integration server
Over 50% of the class involves hands-on coding through sample exercises. The class has two parallel tracks, one in Java and one in C#.
Who Should Attend
This class is for C# and Java developers with at least one year of experience and basic knowledge of Object Oriented Design. Developers are required to bring a laptop equipped with Visual Studio or Eclipse.
- Day 1 – Introduction to Unit Testing and Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Day 2 – Automated Integration Testing
- Day 3 – Automated Builds, Continuous Integration, and Deployment