- This event has passed.
Certified Agile Testing and Automation Training in Arlington, VA
January 22 @ 9:00 am - January 24 @ 5:00 pm
Certified Agile Testing and Automation
In this three-day Agile Testing and Automation course you will:
– Learn to internalize the Agile testing mindset and develop higher quality products
– Understand how business, development, and testing collaborate in an Agile environment
– Learn key test engineering techniques such as test-driven development and exploratory testing
– Discover automation strategies and frameworks and types of test automation
In recent years, organizations have been increasingly turning to Agile to produce higher quality products and see return on investment more quickly. In this new environment, testers have a crucial role on the Agile team from day one of the project but often lack the knowledge they need to be successful. Join us for training and you will be a step ahead of the curve.
In this hands-on course, we keep lecture to a minimum and instead teach through experience using methods such as group and individual exercises and class discussion. You will walk away from the class with practical knowledge you can implement the day you return to work.
– No coding experience necessary
– Some knowledge or experience with Agile principles and practices is helpful
– Willingness to expand your role as a professional tester and an openness to changing your workflow
Certifications from ICAgile
After completing this course, students will receive two certifications from the International Consortium for Agile (ICAgile)
Agile Testing Certified Professional (ICP- TST)
Agile Test Automation Certified Professional (ICP-ATA)
These two certifications are part of the ICAgile Agile Testing track, and provide professional recognition of thorough knowledge in Agile testing and test automation techniques and practices.
Students will also be eligible to claim:
– 21 Project Management Institute (PMI) Professional Development Units (PDUs)
– 21 International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA) Continuing Development Units (CDUs)
Who Should Attend
– Agile Testers or aspiring Agile Testers
– Test Managers
– Developers, Program Managers, or Product Owners with an interest in testing
Introduction to Agile Testing and Automation
– Agile and Scrum overview
– Collaborating with the team as an Agile tester
– Introduction to Agile testing quadrants
– Test strategy
– Introduction to automation
The Testing Quadrants
– Types of tests including functional tests, unit tests, and exploratory tests
– Techniques for each test type including test-driven development and exploratory tours
– Test automation from an Agile tester’s perspective
– How to create a test automation strategy
– How to determine which tests are better suited for automation or manual execution
We’ll Also Discuss
– Defect tracking and metrics
– Working as a tester on a distributed team
About Your Trainers
Noura Saad is an Agile Product Coach at Excella Consulting with broad experience in the IT profession serving a wide variety of disciplines including software development, business process and requirements analysis, and Agile coaching. She coaches and mentors individuals and teams to continuously improve and deliver value by adopting an Agile mindset. Noura holds a Master’s degree in Organizational Sciences and is an ICAgile Authorized Instructor. She also holds certifications including Certified Professional in Agile Coaching (ICP-ACC), Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO), Certified Scrum Master (CSM), and PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP).
Sean Killeen is a Software Developer and Senior Consultant with Excella Consulting and currently serves as the technical lead for a team of 12 on a project that was rated more complex than the moon landing. Over his 10+ years of software delivery, he has developed a love for Agile principles and automation and has employed them with great success. He is passionate about helping others “level up” their skills and continually improving his own. Sean is an ICAgile Authorized Instructor and holds certifications including Certified Scrum Developer (CSD), Certified ScrumMaster (CSM), and ITIL v3 Foundations. In his spare time, you can find him speaking in the Washington metropolitan area, enjoying newly married life, singing, or blogging at SeanKilleen.com.
Your registration includes:
– Certification fees for both ICP-TST and ICP-ATA certifications
– Training manuals and supplies
– Hot breakfast, hot lunch and afternoon snacks
– Validated parking in one of three nearby parking garages
Registration is now open. Classes will take place from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. each day at the Arlington Tech eXchange (ATX) at 2300 Wilson Boulevard, Suite 610, Arlington, Virginia (located two blocks from the Court House metro station on the Orange and Silver lines). Validated parking is available in three nearby garages. Hot breakfast, lunch, and afternoon snacks will be provided each day.
Students submitting cancellation requests 10 business days or more prior to the start of the course are entitled to a full refund. Students submitting cancellation requests less than 10 business days prior to the start of the course will be issued credit toward a future Excella training course. The credit will be equal to the amount paid for the initial course less any applicable fees. Should the organizer cancel the course for any reason, each registered student will be refunded 100% of the registration cost they paid.