Certified Kanban System Design (KMP I) for Marketing Teams in Arlington, VA
June 14 @ 9:00 am - June 15 @ 5:00 pm| $900.00
Certified Kanban System Design (KMP I) for Marketing Teams
Excella’s Kanban System Design (KMP I) for Marketing Teams is a highly interactive, two-day class that introduces marketing and communications professionals to the Kanban method as a way to improve how they deliver products and services.
Students will learn the fundamentals of Kanban by participating in an engaging and collaborative group activity that teaches teams how to deliver the most value for their customers. The class, which also includes lecture and group discussion, will teach students how to implement a Kanban system to drive decisions and refine the way they work.
What is Kanban?
Kanban is a management method that uses visualization and work-in-progress limits. It helps teams balance customer demands with their capacity to deliver while also creating a culture of continous improvement. Commonly used by IT support teams (e.g., DevOps, call centers), Kanban’s adaptability and evolutionary potential make it a great solution for any form of knowledge work.
In recent years, Agile marketing has become a popular option for high-performing teams. If your team is interested in incorporating Lean and Agile practices, Kanban is a great place to start. Some of the benefits of Kanban include:
- Flexibility: Kanban systems are flexible and adaptable, making them well suited to address the changing priorities and fluctuating deadlines common with marketing and communications teams.
- Visibility: Kanban provides full visibility into the work of each member of the team.
- Analytics: A Kanban system can give your team access to data and analytics which can help you better predict time to delivery and enhance decision making.
Who Should Attend
This class is a catalyst for busy teams who want to learn and start implementing new techniques to improve their focus and agility.
Types of team who can benefit:
- Marketing and communications agencies
- In-house creative teams
- Freelancers and in-house professionals doing digital marketing, design or PR
Day 1 – Kanban in Action
- Key elements of a Kanban system
- How a Kanban system works
- Key Kanban system analytics
Day 2 – STATIK: The Systems Thinking Approach to Introducing Kanban
- Kanban case study
- Creating context for change
- How to address demands on your team
- Workflow visualization
- How to prioritize different types of work
- When and how to add new work to the system
- Kanban board visualization
Certification and PDU’s
Upon completion of the class, students will receive a certificate of completion. In order to receive the Kanban Management Professional (KMP) credential, students must complete a second course from Lean Kanban University – Kanban Management Professional (KMP II).
Additionally, students can claim 14 Project Management Institute (PMI)® Professional Development Units (PDUs) which can be applied to Project Management Professional (PMP)® and PMI-Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)® certifications. PMI, PMP, and PMI-ACP are registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
What You’ll Get
- A digital copy of the book Kanban: Successful Evolutionary Change for your Technology Business by David Anderson
- Lean Kanban University (LKU) certificate of completion of Kanban System Design (KMP I)
- Membership in LKU as well as a listing in the LKU Alumni Directory
- Training manuals and supplies
- Catered, hot breakfast and lunch, and afternoon snacks on both days
- Validated parking
About Your Trainers
Trent Hone, Managing Consultant at Excella, is a Lean Kanban University Accredited Kanban Trainer (AKT). He provides consulting services to commercial and federal clients in the Washington, DC area. Trent coaches, mentors, and trains clients in understanding their systems and improving them through Kanban and other Lean and Agile methods. In 2015, he was a finalist for Lean Kanban’s Brickell Key award for excellence in the Kanban community.
Mark Grove is an Agile Coach, Management Consultant, and an ICAgile and Lean Kanban University Accredited Kanban Trainer (AKT) with over 20 years in the IT profession. He coaches individuals and teams to continuously deliver value to the customer by embracing an Agile mindset while maximizing business performance and team potential. He provides coaching and facilitation expertise on a variety of Agile topics as well as creates and delivers training on a broad range of Agile subjects. Mark holds a Master’s degree in Information Systems and multiple Agile certifications from various certifying organizations.
The class will take place from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. at the Arlington Tech eXchange (ATX) located at 2300 Wilson Boulevard, Suite 610, Arlington, Virginia, just two blocks from the Court House metro station on the Orange and Silver lines.
The registration cost for this two-day course is inclusive of all taxes and fees. Payment can be made online via credit card or you may request that Excella invoice you if you have an existing billing arrangement with Excella.
Students submitting cancellation requests 10 business days or more prior to the start of the course are entitled to a full refund. Students submitting cancellation requests less than 10 business days prior to the start of the course will be issued a credit toward a future Excella training course. The credit will be equal to the amount paid for the initial course less any applicable fees. Should the organizer cancel the course for any reason, each registered student will be refunded 100% of the registration cost they paid.