This course will cover the fundamentals of being a Product Owner while focusing on the role of the Business Analyst working in an Agile context. This interactive and engaging two-day session will highlight techniques used to elicit requirements and validate functionality against acceptance criteria. Common Agile analysis best practices and challenges will be addressed and supplemented by group discussion with fellow analysis practitioners.
Upon completion of the course, students will be credentialed as Certified Scrum Product Owners (CSPO). Additionally, this course allows students to claim 14 PMI® Professional Development Units (PDUs)* and 14 IIBA Continuing Development Units (CDUs).
Who Should Attend
This course is great for Product Owners, Business Analysts, Project/Program/Functional managers, Testers, and any member of the team that has to interact with requirements and user needs.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
This course starts with a brief overview of the Agile and Scrum frameworks, along with the Product Owner role. From there, the curriculum includes:
- Scrum and Product Ownership
- Product Vision and Roadmapping
- Story Maps and Release Planning
- Tracking and Forecasting
- The Business Analyst role on an Agile team
- How a Business Analyst fits into Scrum ceremonies
- Requirements Elicitation, Analysis, and Modeling
- Requirements Verification and Validation
- Techniques for Eliciting Requirements
- Lightweight Specifications
- Functional vs. Non-Functional Requirements
*PMI is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.