The Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) training class is a two-day course which will provide an understanding of how Scrum transforms initial concepts and goals into a product backlog and user stories which are ultimately developed into project deliverables. The class delves into creating requirements in an Agile environment, effective prioritization, long term and short term planning, and providing vision. These concepts are presented in a highly interactive and collaborative format with elements of lecture, classroom discussion, exercises, games, and video interwoven throughout the class.
Completion of this course allows each student to claim 14 Project Management Institute (PMI)® Professional Development Units (PDUs) / Contact Hours which can be applied to Project Management Professional (PMP)® and PMI-Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)® certifications.
PMI, PMP, and PMI-ACP are registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
Who Should Attend
This course is appropriate for product owners, business analysts, testers, project managers, or anyone involved with requirements, prioritization, gathering needs, and managing projects.
This course starts with an overview of the Agile and Scrum frameworks. From there, the curriculum includes:
- Overview of Agile and Scrum Frameworks
- What a Product Owner Does
- What to Look for in a Product Owner
- The Roles of Product Owner and Business Analysts within the Scrum Team Structure
- Vision and Mission Definitions
- Project Scope via Product Backlog
- Relationship Between Requirements and User Stories
- Release and Sprint Planning
- Long-term and Short-term Estimation
- Meeting Facilitation
- Agile Metrics