The Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) training class is a two-day course which provides an understanding of how Scrum transforms initial concepts and goals into a product backlog and user stories which are ultimately developed into project deliverables. The class delves into creating requirements in an Agile environment, effective prioritization, long term and short term planning, and providing vision.
Upon completion of the course, students will be credentialed as Certified Scrum Product Owners. This course also allows students to claim 14 Project Management Institute (PMI)® Professional Development Units (PDUs).*
Who Should Attend
This course is appropriate for product owners, business analysts, testers, project managers, or anyone involved with requirements, prioritization, gathering needs, and managing projects.
This course starts with an overview of the Agile and Scrum frameworks. From there, the curriculum includes:
- What a Product Owner Does
- What to Look for in a Product Owner
- Vision, Mission, and Charter
- Product Roadmaps and Story Maps
- Project Scope via Product Backlog
- User Stories and Agile Specifications
- Prioritization Techniques
- Product Backlog Grooming and Splitting User Stories
- Estimation and Forecasting
- Release Planning
- Tracking Progress
* PMI is a registered trademark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.