So you’re a Change Management Consultant. Now…what does that even mean? This is a question that I receive almost on a daily basis. It isn’t that people don’t know my job title (Change Management Consultant), it’s that they don’t really understand what Change Management is. In contrast, I also find that others often believe that their organization is implementing change management. But in fact, this is more of a perception than a reality.
In order to improve your understanding of what a Change Management Consultant could contribute to your organization, here is a brief overview:
What I don’t do…
- I do not have a magic wand (although sometimes I wish I did) that instantly creates stakeholder buy-in and employee engagement
What I do…
- I help reduce the impact that change has on an organization, its culture, its people, and its ability to fulfill its vision and mission
- We encourage personal growth and development through various coaching and learning opportunities
- We provide tools and resources that facilitate clearer and more consistent communication
- We encourage leadership to value their employees and to not only engage them in the change process but to also promote a culture that is engaged
- Change managers help to provide the tools that individuals and organizations need in order to implement change in the least disruptive, most efficient, and effective way
- In short when working with change managers, we will bring the toolkit and it is up to you to take advantage of the tools that we provide
Do you want to learn more about Change Management?