Excella is a leading provider of Agile software development and data and analytics solutions to clients in the federal, commercial and non-profit sectors. We believe that great work leads to great things –- our experts measure success by the positive impact we make on our clients, community, and colleagues. We are growing fast and need passionate, innovative people who love working with technology and are ready to make an impact.
Here's what you can expect from us:
- Workplace sites look different for everyone – whether it’s your home or the office, we believe in a flexible work/life balance that supports you regardless of your location. We offer a home office allowance that can be used for home office furniture/equipment, a daily pass for a coworking space, etc. Our commute reimbursement plan has you covered for whether you bike, Metro, or drive to work.
- We offer top of industry medical, dental, and vision benefits with multiple options to choose from such as an employer-contributed health savings account, infertility coverage, and orthodontia so you can select the plan that works best for you.
- Regardless of what stage of life you’re in, Excella wants to support you. We provide 8 weeks of Parental Leave, discounted pet insurance, and a Care.com membership with 3 back-up emergency child or elder care days annually – all available to you on your first day.
- Starting day one, every employee is bonus eligible and receives 15 days of paid vacation, 6 federal holidays, and 4 floating holidays.
- Diversity and inclusion matter. Excella created and continues to support employee led-affinity groups and the Inclusion Diversity Equity Ambassador (IDEA) team, a cross-functional employee-led initiative to continually foster innovation and increase inclusion within Excella.
- We have a "bring your own device" workplace and will share the cost of a new computer of your choice -- Mac or PC. It's up to you.
- We'll invest in your career by providing 3 days of paid professional development every year, including travel and registration fees to attend classes and conferences.
- We encourage mindfulness and overall well-being through employee wellness events, a HeadSpace membership, as well as access to TalkSpace and mental health coverage through our medical plans.
Excella Inc. is seeking a full-time Human Resources Generalist to join our People Services team. This position is essential to sustaining the growth of the firm and is a perfect opportunity for someone passionate about supporting employees, gaining a breadth of experience in the Human Resource field and expanding their expertise.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Oversee Performance Management processes, including employee relations, performance reviews, performance improvement plans, and support tools/resources (documents, trainings, etc.).
- Support and advise employees at various levels with leadership coaching, employee relations, state and federal regulations and firm policy updates.
- Continue up-to-date knowledge of legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and state requirements in firm policies and processes
- Complete Employment Verifications for current, future, and former employees.
- Maintain all employee HR information in Excella’s HRIS (UKG) including personal information, performance management records, and reports.
- Monitor the Employee Engagement platform (Lattice) for employee trends.
- Provide up-to-date knowledge of trends in the technology consulting industry that have short and long-term implications on the business
- Cultivate relationships and maintain close communication with employees, professional organizations, and external resources.
- Support other Human Resource team members in department and firm initiatives
- Assists with other essential functions as assigned
Qualifications and Skills
- Exemplifies Excella’s Core Values by taking initiative, is flexible in approach and results-driven
- 4+ years of related HR experience
- Bachelor's degree
- SHRM, HRCI or other credentials preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent organizational, time management, and employee-support skills
- Experience with HRIS administration (UKG, formerly Ultimate, preferred)
- Ability to work well independently
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
Excella is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.