Excella is a leading provider of Agile software development and data and analytics solutions to clients in the federal, commercial and non-profit sectors. We believe that great work leads to great things –- our experts measure success by the positive impact we make on our clients, community, and colleagues. We are growing fast and need passionate, innovative people who love working with technology and are ready to make an impact.
Here's what you can expect from us:
- Workplace sites look different for everyone – whether it’s your home or the office, we believe in a flexible work/life balance that supports you regardless of your location. We offer a home office allowance that can be used for home office furniture/equipment, a daily pass for a coworking space, etc. Our commute reimbursement plan has you covered for whether you bike, Metro, or drive to work.
- We offer top of industry medical, dental, and vision benefits with multiple options to choose from such as an employer-contributed health savings account, infertility coverage, and orthodontia so you can select the plan that works best for you.
- Regardless of what stage of life you’re in, Excella wants to support you. We provide 8 weeks of Parental Leave, discounted pet insurance, and a Care.com membership with 3 back-up emergency child or elder care days annually – all available to you on your first day.
- Starting day one, every employee is bonus eligible and receives 15 days of paid vacation, 6 federal holidays, and 4 floating holidays.
- Diversity and inclusion matter. Excella created and continues to support employee led-affinity groups and the Inclusion Diversity Equity Ambassador (IDEA) team, a cross-functional employee-led initiative to continually foster innovation and increase inclusion within Excella.
- We have a "bring your own device" workplace and will share the cost of a new computer of your choice -- Mac or PC. It's up to you.
- We'll invest in your career by providing 3 days of paid professional development every year, including travel and registration fees to attend classes and conferences.
- We encourage mindfulness and overall well-being through employee wellness events, a HeadSpace membership, as well as access to TalkSpace and mental health coverage through our medical plans.
Excella is a growing mid-market professional services firm, focused on delivering innovative technology solutions to federal and private sector clients. This role reports to the General Counsel and is accountable for all aspects of the contracts lifecycle, which includes defining principles and practices leading to new contract formation and maximizing value creation. Also responsible for providing instruction and professional development to individual team members, and assigning and providing quality assurance for work performed to ensure that the required skills, tools and knowledge (statutory, regulatory and process) are in place. Owns primary responsibility for developing executing and administering contracts, establishing and managing subcontract relationships with customers and agencies, mitigating associated risk, and meeting all reporting and audit requirements.
- Establish, communicate, and maintain policies and procedures for the Contracts department, including supervising Contracts Administrators/Managers and providing quality assurance on their work. Manage individual and team workload to ensure the timely and compliant accomplishment of project deadlines.
- Manage federal contract vehicles and schedules. Work with different contract types (FFP, T&M, Cost Plus and hybrids), modify federal supply schedules, GWACs, BPAs, IDIQs, task orders, and other contracts, and exercise options, terminate and close out contracts. Serve as a domain expert on selected areas related to federal contracts and acquisition.
- Manage proposal submissions and delivery of information in response to RFPs/RFQs, data calls, and serve as a primary interface of the firm with discussions with client/prospect contract departments
- Manage the full contract lifecycle. Provide guidance and leadership to cross-functional business team members (primarily Sales and Account Management) to identify risk assessment and mitigation and opportunities to maximize revenue creation/retention. Perform strategic contract negotiations of complex and/or non-standard federal and non-federal contracts and agreements. Champion contract policy and procedure revision and improvement. Create, maintain and manage central customer contract files to promote effective contract management. Conduct reviews of complex contract actions in all phases of the contract life cycle. Compile and analyze contract related data and maintain historical information and documentation. Understand the business case and consider financial/analytical issues and profit and loss implications in contract negotiations.
- Maintain communications and responsiveness with client representatives to include Contracting Officers, Contracting Officer Representatives (CORs), Contract Specialist, Teaming Partners and Subcontract Administrator to resolve proposal or contract questions and discuss contract modifications.
- Manage compliance and accuracy of Federal administration requirements and ensure the timely reporting of contract data entry into various systems (Sam.gov, GSA E-Buy, Assist), monitor data updates, resolve discrepancies related to contracts and compliance matters.
- Supervise the work and career growth of Contracts Administrator
- Ad hoc projects as assigned
- Extensive knowledge of and experience in accurately developing and maintaining pricing models for all contract types (GWAC/MAS/IDIQ/BPA/TO/etc.), fee structures (CPFF, CPIF, CPAF, FFP/LOE, T&M, FFP, etc.), establishing and utilizing existing IDIQ, GWAC, GSA, and MSA awards as well as new contract bids, change proposals, and EAC/ETCs, including adhering to solicitation requirements, evaluation criteria, price realism, reasonableness and balanced pricing compliant models.
- Experience with strategic pricing for onsite/offsite, escalation, Basis of Estimates, M&H, labor category mapping, cost build-ups, etc. – including familiarity with Direct and Indirect (OH, G&A), etc.
- Deep expertise in managing Federal GWAC/MAS/IDIQ/BPA/TO/etc. contracts, multiple contract types (primarily FFP/LOE, T&M, FFP, but also CPFF, CPIF, CPAF, etc.) and solicitation types (e.g. FAR Parts 8, 15, and 16), including pursuing new contract vehicles and maintaining all aspects of awarded vehicles, throughout the entire Federal Acquisition Lifecycle.
- Identification of many commonly-used regulations and ability to explain their relevancy to bids and pricing in general.
- Proven ability to form relationships and communicate with contracting offices across Federal agencies.
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and adherence to project deadlines and Federal regulations
- Experience working in a fast-paced, team environment
- Minimum 10 years in professional services contract management
- Undergraduate degree is required
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the use of Microsoft Office Applications with a strong focus on Excel modeling for analysis and data presentation, and PowerPoint for developing effective presentations;
- Previous experience in a federal contracting officer (or similar) role
- Experience working with FAR-related audits
Excella is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.