Excella is a leading provider of Agile software development and data and analytics solutions to clients in the federal, commercial and non-profit sectors. We believe that great work leads to great things –- our experts measure success by the positive impact we make on our clients, community, and colleagues. We are growing fast and need passionate, innovative people who love working with technology and are ready to make an impact. Here's what you can expect from us:
- Workplace sites look different for everyone – whether it’s your home or the office, we believe in a flexible work/life balance that supports you regardless of your location. We offer a home office allowance that can be used for home office furniture/equipment, a daily pass for a coworking space, etc. Our commute reimbursement plan has you covered for whether you bike, Metro, or drive to work.
- We offer top of industry medical, dental, and vision benefits with multiple options to choose from such as an employer-contributed health savings account, infertility coverage, and orthodontia so you can select the plan that works best for you.
- Regardless of what stage of life you’re in, Excella wants to support you. We provide 8 weeks of Parental Leave, discounted pet insurance, and a Care.com membership with 3 back-up emergency child or elder care days annually – all available to you on your first day.
- Starting day one, every employee is bonus eligible and receives 15 days of paid vacation, 6 federal holidays, and 4 floating holidays.
- Diversity and inclusion matter. Excella created and continues to support employee led-affinity groups and the Inclusion Diversity Equity Ambassador (IDEA) team, a cross-functional employee-led initiative to continually foster innovation and increase inclusion within Excella.
- We have a "bring your own device" workplace and will share the cost of a new computer of your choice -- Mac or PC. It's up to you.
- We'll invest in your career by providing 3 days of paid professional development every year, including travel and registration fees to attend classes and conferences.
- We encourage mindfulness and overall well-being through employee wellness events, a HeadSpace membership, as well as access to TalkSpace and mental health coverage through our medical plans.
Excella’s Solution Architects are responsible for understanding and anticipating the needs of our clients, translating those needs into technical requirements, and leading teams to create and deliver solutions that meet those needs. They are accountable for delivery of large, complex technical solutions that produce high client satisfaction, high team engagement and impactful results for Excella. They demonstrate a broad and deep set of architecture and solution design skills and have years of hands-on, in-the-weeds technical and leadership experience. They are technical and leadership mentors and have demonstrated experience coaching teams to achieve the optimal solution. They stay current on industry trends and new technology advances to inform and lead the development of technical insights, strategic considerations, and content for solutioning and designs, tech challenges, RFPs/proposals, white papers, and related business development efforts.
- Technical Leadership: Serves as the primary Technical Leader for a large solution engagement (50+ team members) or the primary technical leader on multiple significant engagements simultaneously. Establishes strategies and vision for client and internal technical solutions that align with Excella’s strategic priorities.
- Solution Delivery: Accountable for solution delivery quality on engagements of significant size (50+ team members), or highly complex delivery of solutions across multiple engagements. Designs, develops and implements persuasive and competitive solutions that meet client’s needs and Excella’s commitment to technical excellence.
- Technology Advances and Trends: Synthesizes and applies extensive knowledge about industry trends and technology advances to create strategic points of view that inform creative solutioning, to shape and capture new contracts across Excella’s accounts.
- Technology Steward: Builds awareness, increases knowledge and drives adoption of modern technologies and techniques within Excella, sharing customer and engineering benefits to gain buy-in. Promotes a culture of engineering excellence, using opportunities to reuse knowledge, tools and baseline approaches across teams, where appropriate. Effectively communicates with and influence key stakeholders across the enterprise, at all levels of the organization.
- Business Strategy: Supports Excella’s business strategy by strengthening strategic technical partnerships, incorporating them into solution development and informing Excella capabilities
- Business Development: Drives business development with the proper information, tools, and subject matter expertise to sell engagements and provide detailed staffing estimates.
- Community Leader: Serves as a senior leader for the Solution Architect Community within Excella
- People Leader: Provides individuals with professional and personal growth opportunities. Develops existing talent within the team to create future succession opportunities. Assesses talent and provides coaching and guidance to support the growth and development of future leaders. Provides development opportunities and regular feedback and holds next-level leaders accountable for their development plans.
- At least 10 years of hands-on technical delivery experience (e.g. data engineer, data scientist, machine learning engineer, technical lead or architect roles).
- At least 5 years of experience implementing Data ethics or Responsible AI, with knowledge of both cultural and technical implementation best practices
- At least 5 years of experience designing, building and deploying production Data or AI/ML solutions in a cloud environment such as AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud, including: data pipelines, data lakes, warehouses, reporting suites, AI/ML model endpoints, or AI/ML pipelines.
- Experience collaborating and leading all parts of an application, from front/back end to database and infrastructure, to build a comprehensive solution
- At least 5 years of experience working in a DevOps or DevSecOps environment, with knowledge of both cultural and technical implementation guidelines
- At least 5 years of experience implementing MLOps or DataOps, including reusable and configurable pipelines, validation, impact analysis, and monitoring.
Excella is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.