Digital Marketing Specialist (Social Media and Content)
Arlington, Virginia, United States, Remote
Share on Twitter Share on Facebook Share on LinkedIn Copy link
Excella is a leading provider of Agile software development and data and analytics solutions to clients in the federal, commercial and non-profit sectors. We believe that great work leads to great things –- our experts measure success by the positive impact we make on our clients, community, and colleagues. We are growing fast and need passionate, innovative people who love working with technology and are ready to make an impact. Here's what you can expect from us:
- Workplace sites look different for everyone – whether it’s your home or the office, we believe in a flexible work/life balance that supports you regardless of your location. We offer a home office allowance that can be used for home office furniture/equipment, a daily pass for a coworking space, etc. Our commute reimbursement plan has you covered for whether you bike, Metro, or drive to work.
- We offer top of industry medical, dental, and vision benefits with multiple options to choose from such as an employer-contributed health savings account, infertility coverage, and orthodontia so you can select the plan that works best for you.
- Regardless of what stage of life you’re in, Excella wants to support you. We provide 8 weeks of Parental Leave, discounted pet insurance, and a Care.com membership with 3 back-up emergency child or elder care days annually – all available to you on your first day.
- Starting day one, every employee is bonus eligible and receives 15 days of paid vacation, 6 federal holidays, and 4 floating holidays.
- Doing your best work means having the best tools! Excella’s TechEleX program provides you with multiple options to suit your technology needs. Choose between a variety of Mac or PC devices, and to ensure your hardware remains current, at the end of a 3-year period Excella will replace your existing computer with a new model from the program. Plus, we’ll even give you the original device to keep for your personal use!
- Excella provides a Workplace Allowance to offset both the costs to maintain a distributed work environment and to enhance your workplace wellness. Excella will reimburse all full-time Excellians for up to $500 in expenses incurred during the calendar year.
- Diversity and inclusion matter. Excella created and continues to support employee led-affinity groups and the Inclusion Diversity Equity Ambassador (IDEA) team, a cross-functional employee-led initiative to continually foster innovation and increase inclusion within Excella.
- We'll invest in your career by providing 3 days of paid professional development every year, including travel and registration fees to attend classes and conferences.
- We encourage mindfulness and overall well-being through employee wellness events, a HeadSpace membership, as well as access to TalkSpace and mental health coverage through our medical plans.
We are looking for a Social Media and Content Specialist to join our small, collaborative marketing team to lead Excella’s social media strategy. The ideal candidate is knowledgeable about strategies to expand company reach across multiple social channels and is passionate about improving their overall marketing acumen. The Social Media and Content Specialist will also assist with content development and event promotion as needed.
- Develop and implement social media strategy to raise Excella’s brand awareness, generate inbound traffic, and grow social following via organic and paid social channels.
- Maintain an editorial calendar and, generate content and designs that support Excella’s initiatives, campaigns, and events.
- Manage engagement across all of Excella’s social medial platforms, including LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.
- Report on social campaigns and develop new programs based on the information gathered from a variety of digital analytics and media tracking tools.
- Conduct regular competitor and trends research to produce social content that drive followers to engage using consistent content and message targeting.
- Create high-quality and engaging visual content tailored to each platform, while ensuring Excella brand consistency.
- Create a strong network of contacts that can be utilized to further the Excella’s reach and engagement through rapport building, developing long-lasting relationships with influencers, and engaging industry professionals.
- Develop strategies and resources to drive employee engagement across social media platforms.
- Assist with creating multimedia marketing materials such as blogs, videos, white papers, ebooks, sell slicks, and more.
- Work collaboratively across Excella business units to develop marketing content and promote Excella thought leadership.
- Assist with planning and promoting Excella sponsored events, Excellian speaking engagements, recruiting events, and more.
- Assist with fast turnaround and ad hoc marketing projects.
- 3+ Years of Experience in marketing, social media, or communications
- Demonstrated success applying social media best practices across various social channels including LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
- Demonstrated excellent writing and communication skills
- Strong command of social scheduling tools with a preference for HubSpot
- Works well in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple competing deadlines
- Success working both independently and as part of a team
- High attention to detail and organization is required
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop and Canva is required
- Experience with Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, and Premiere Pro is preferred
- Experience working with paid social is preferred
- WordPress experience is a plus
Excella is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.