Excella is a leading provider of Agile software development and data and analytics solutions to clients in the federal, commercial and non-profit sectors. We believe that great work leads to great things –- our experts measure success by the positive impact we make on our clients, community, and colleagues. We are growing fast and need passionate, innovative people who love working with technology and are ready to make an impact. Here's what you can expect from us:
- Workplace sites look different for everyone – whether it’s your home or the office, we believe in a flexible work/life balance that supports you regardless of your location. We offer a home office allowance that can be used for home office furniture/equipment, a daily pass for a coworking space, etc. Our commute reimbursement plan has you covered for whether you bike, Metro, or drive to work.
- We offer top of industry medical, dental, and vision benefits with multiple options to choose from such as an employer-contributed health savings account, infertility coverage, and orthodontia so you can select the plan that works best for you.
- Regardless of what stage of life you’re in, Excella wants to support you. We provide 8 weeks of Parental Leave, discounted pet insurance, and a Care.com membership with 3 back-up emergency child or elder care days annually – all available to you on your first day.
- Starting day one, every employee is bonus eligible and receives 15 days of paid vacation, 6 federal holidays, and 4 floating holidays.
- Doing your best work means having the best tools! Excella’s TechEleX program provides you with multiple options to suit your technology needs. Choose between a variety of Mac or PC devices, and to ensure your hardware remains current, at the end of a 3-year period Excella will replace your existing computer with a new model from the program. Plus, we’ll even give you the original device to keep for your personal use!
- Excella provides a Workplace Allowance to offset both the costs to maintain a distributed work environment and to enhance your workplace wellness. Excella will reimburse all full-time Excellians for up to $500 in expenses incurred during the calendar year.
- Diversity and inclusion matter. Excella created and continues to support employee led-affinity groups and the Inclusion Diversity Equity Ambassador (IDEA) team, a cross-functional employee-led initiative to continually foster innovation and increase inclusion within Excella.
- We'll invest in your career by providing 3 days of paid professional development every year, including travel and registration fees to attend classes and conferences.
- We encourage mindfulness and overall well-being through employee wellness events, a HeadSpace membership, as well as access to TalkSpace and mental health coverage through our medical plans.
Our growing firm is seeking a Director of Proposal Operations who will have ownership and accountability for enterprise-wide proposal operations. This includes directing proposal teams to ensure timely, compliant, and competitive proposals that meet or exceed client requirements. This position support federal and private sector growth objectives. As an organizational leader, the Director of Proposal Operations will support and embody Excella’s strategy and core values. This position reports to the Vice President of Strategic Growth.
- Lead the proposal development process from initial capture to final submission, producing timely delivery of high-quality proposals that are compliant with proposal-related regulations and requirements.
- Direct proposal teams in responding to client requirements and develop proposal strategies for winning new business, including win themes, compelling value propositions, and competitive analysis.
- Oversee the development of proposal schedules, outlines, compliance matrices, and color team reviews to ensure the proposal is developed on time.
- Collaborate across Excella’s functional teams including CTIO, COO, Strategic Growth, Contracts, Legal, Finance, and People Services to identify and address proposal-related risks and issues.
- Develop and implement process improvements to optimize proposal development efforts for increased efficiency, consistency, and quality across all proposals: streamlined workflows, proposal management systems, tools, templates, and best practices.
- Provide mentoring, coaching, and training programs for Excella team members to build and enhance skills and knowledge of the proposal development process.
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 10 years of experience with a Federal Contractor, or 15 years of experience in lieu of degree.
- Proven proposal development, teaming, and capture experience.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint; Acrobat Pro; Graphics Programs, and SharePoint.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work under stress with tight schedule deadlines.
Excella is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Know Your Rights
Pay Transparency Notice