Excella is a leading provider of Agile software development and data and analytics solutions to clients in the federal, commercial and non-profit sectors. We believe that great work leads to great things –- our experts measure success by the positive impact we make on our clients, community, and colleagues. We are growing fast and need passionate, innovative people who love working with technology and are ready to make an impact. Here's what you can expect from us:
- Workplace sites look different for everyone – whether it’s your home or the office, we believe in a flexible work/life balance that supports you regardless of your location. We offer a home office allowance that can be used for home office furniture/equipment, a daily pass for a coworking space, etc. Our commute reimbursement plan has you covered for whether you bike, Metro, or drive to work.
- We offer top of industry medical, dental, and vision benefits with multiple options to choose from such as an employer-contributed health savings account, infertility coverage, and orthodontia so you can select the plan that works best for you.
- Regardless of what stage of life you’re in, Excella wants to support you. We provide 8 weeks of Parental Leave, discounted pet insurance, and a Care.com membership with 3 back-up emergency child or elder care days annually – all available to you on your first day.
- Starting day one, every employee is bonus eligible and receives 15 days of paid vacation, 6 federal holidays, and 4 floating holidays.
- Doing your best work means having the best tools! Excella’s TechEleX program provides you with multiple options to suit your technology needs. Choose between a variety of Mac or PC devices, and to ensure your hardware remains current, at the end of a 3-year period Excella will replace your existing computer with a new model from the program. Plus, we’ll even give you the original device to keep for your personal use!
- Excella provides a Workplace Allowance to offset both the costs to maintain a distributed work environment and to enhance your workplace wellness. Excella will reimburse all full-time Excellians for up to $500 in expenses incurred during the calendar year.
- Diversity and inclusion matter. Excella created and continues to support employee led-affinity groups and the Inclusion Diversity Equity Ambassador (IDEA) team, a cross-functional employee-led initiative to continually foster innovation and increase inclusion within Excella.
- We'll invest in your career by providing 3 days of paid professional development every year, including travel and registration fees to attend classes and conferences.
- We encourage mindfulness and overall well-being through employee wellness events, a HeadSpace membership, as well as access to TalkSpace and mental health coverage through our medical plans.
User Experience (UX) Designers at Excella work with stakeholders, developers, and designers to understand the big problems and collaborate on effective solutions. Our UX Designers are engaged in every part of the UX process, including user research, information architecture, content strategy, interaction design, user interface design, and visual design. If you want be a part of a team determined to design effective solutions and improve the web, then we are looking for you.
We know there is no one-size-fits-all solution for UX/UI projects. Design generalists thrive at Excella, but there is plenty of exceptional opportunities for specialists, too. Your responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Identify user behaviors through contextual research, interviews, focus groups, and facilitation
- Collect and analyze large data sets for patterns
- Establish the structure of a website or application by designing content layouts and navigation
- Drive conception and ideation, user flow design, and prototyping
- Collaborate with product owners to evaluate user requirements
- Create delightful UI mockups and prototypes
- Lead usability feedback and client facing design sessions
- Perform usability audits and heuristic analysis
- Create product UX/UI guidelines
- Identify and troubleshoot usability problems within existing products
- Collaborate and communicate with engineers to implement designs
- Perform and synthesize user research and usability testing
- Create Designs that meet accessibility standards including Section 508 and WCAG 2.2
- Design and recommend visual styles and standards
- Lead product design sessions with a strong vision for client projects or for proposal efforts
- 8+ years of experience in a hands-on design role
- 5+ years of experience acting as a design leader and managing projects
- B.A. or B.S. (focus in Library Sciences, Human Computer Interaction, Psychology, Information Systems, Computer Engineering, or related area of study is a plus)
- A design portfolio including case studies and samples of work
- Develop and maintain design wireframes, mockups, style guides, and specifications
- Determine use cases and user interaction to design solutions to support business objectives
- Carry wireframes to delivery of final high fidelity UI mockups
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills (verbal, written, and presentation)
- Excellent organizational skills and detail orientation
- Strong analytical aptitude, an ability to structure complex or undefined business problems
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience using Adobe Creative Suite, Figma, Adobe XD, Axure, and/or Sketch is preferred
- Experience using Agile methods to deliver software solutions is preferred
- Passion for growing people and internal knowledge of UX within the company
- Experience creating and caring for usable content through content audits, reviews, and governance is a nice to have
Excella is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Know Your Rights
Pay Transparency Notice