Moving to the cloud is inevitable for most organizations, and there are multiple strategies to make the switch. Understanding the current system layout, cloud services available, and the pros and cons of each strategy can save time and money in the long run. Whether you choose to replicate your systems directly in the cloud, rewrite an entirely new cloud-native system, or revise the architecture over time, make sure to do the research approaches to cloud migration before choosing a strategy.
Depending on your circumstances, certain cloud migration approaches may work better for you than others. Organizational priorities, pitfalls of different approaches, and your strategic future vision for cloud usage can change your decision about which approach to use. On your Road to the Cloud, pick a path that makes the most sense to your organization’s goals. Whether you’re moving your current infrastructure to the Cloud, creating entirely new applications while cataloging and migrating data, or trying to run legacy and new applications at the same time, your Road to the Cloud is unique and your approach should reflect that.
Download this infographic to weigh the pros and cons to each of these three common approaches to cloud migration:
- “Lift and Shift” to the Cloud – replicate your current infrastructure in the Cloud
- Start brand new in the Cloud – create new applications from scratch, faster, while accessing external systems and data
- Hybrid cloud – run legacy and new applications simultaneously on your road to modernization
Not sure if you’re ready for cloud migration? Download and take our cloud readiness assessment, the Cloud Migration Checklist.
If you are looking for more details on each approach, check out our three-part blog series:
- Three Approaches to Cloud Migration (Pt. 1): A Lift and Shift Approach
- Three Approaches to Cloud Migration (Pt. 2): A Brand New Start
- Three Approaches to Cloud Migration (Pt. 3): A Hybrid Cloud Approach
You Might Also Like
The demand for AI continues to increase across private and public organizations and sectors. Bloomberg...
Leading organizations realize how critical it is to prioritize data-informed decision-making. When quality data work...
While there are a multitude of technology trends in 2021, three with the greatest potential...